Class Dates coming up….
Cost per couple – $480 (two days) which includes the booklet, CDs and refreshments
($150 non-refundable deposit due on enrolment)
Weekend workshops run from 9am to approx 4.30pm over two days.
Sundays 13th & 20th (fully booked thank you!)
Sundays 10th & 17th (fully booked… thank you!)
Sundays 8th & 15th (fully booked….thank you!)
Sundays 12th & 19th (fully booked….thank you!)
Weekend of the 16th & 17th (fully booked….thank you!)
Weekend of the 13th & 14th (one space left!)
18th & 25th
24th & 25th
7th & 8th
6th & 13th
19th & 26th
The Programme involves..
- two full days, approximately 13 hours of contact time, as well as follow up email.
- comprehensive course booklet with birth stories, in-depth information pertaining to the course and articles of interest.
- USB of guided relaxations for practice at home.
- information and discussion around pregnancy, labour, birth and parenting, including visual aids and practical exercises.
Classes are held
- at 31 Weston St, Brunswick (off Sydney Road), particulars will be provided on enrolment
- weekend classes are run on Saturdays or Sundays from 9am to approx 4.30 pm
- private refresher classes are also available for subsequent pregnancies if you’ve completed the original course before (Unfortunately Sue cannot offer private sessions for the original course due to family and work commitments)
Health Insurance Provider Details
Teachers Federation Health, NIB, Australian Unity, Bupa Australia (HBA, Mutual Community, Anz Health Insurance, MBF and MBF alliances – SGIO, SGIC & NRMA), AHM, The Doctors Health Fund, CBHS and Defence Health will cover part of the costs of birth education classes run by a Midwife or Midwifery Antenatal Services*
HCF, Manchester Unity, RT Health, Latrobe Health, GMHBA, Medibank Private do not cover any costs.
*If you are a member of any health insurer not mentioned above please contact Sue.
Please note that amount of rebate covered depends on the type and level of cover. Your health insurer is best to answer any questions regarding the amount of rebate per class.
WHEN TO START CLASSES….
When you wish to begin the course is up to you. It is recommended anytime from 20 weeks, most couples beginning anywhere from 24wks to 32 wks. Enrolments are not accepted beyond 35 weeks. Starting earlier allows you to gain the benefits of relaxation and bonding with your baby and the practice of the skills you will learn together, but is still possible if unable to start earlier. Partners play an integral role in the preparation and in supporting the woman through pregnancy and birth and learn valuable life skills also through their participation.
Role of the partner/husband/birth support…..
“The strength and support of a husband or mate is almost essential for an anxiety free pregnancy and mothering. [Their] strength must feed into hers and through her to the new life. That is the way nature has designed the process” (Joseph Chilton Pearce. Magical Child. p. 83/4)
The birthing partner and /or support play a very important role in assisting the woman to maintain the relaxation and breathing techniques and to feel safe, confident and comfortable. Educating them about their role and the ways they can assist, are an integral part of the calmbirth® classes. The course allows and encourages them to play an active role in their baby’s birth.